Wanted to work out a chilled Cheesecake recipe. Played around with the ingredient quantities so as to make 12 smaller muffin sized/single serve cheesecake portions rather than a large single serve cheesecake. Swapped in different biscuits for the base and adjusted the butter quantity to match. Added my favorite ingredient to the mix; vanilla, everything tastes better with vanilla. Very happy with the outcome and it tastes nice as well. The below pictures are from my 2nd run through, I used raspberries on the first go through and strawberries with this one. I’m also working on a gluten friendly version.
Ingredients (makes 12-16 muffin sized cheesecakes)
2 pkts Scotch Finger biscuits (500grams)
200 grams of butter melted
250 grams Cream Cheese (Room Temp)
50 grams Caster Sugar
150 ml Cream
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
30 ml boiling water
1.5 teaspoon Gelatin
80g fruit of your choice
80g Fruit (same as above)
30g Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon Gelatin
1. Crush the biscuits up in a Food processor or by hand
2. Melt the butter and mix into the Crushed biscuit mix
3. Place a 1-2 tablespoons of the above mix into each muffin segment of the muffin pan (I used a silicon pan for easy removal). And squash the mix into the base of the pan and up around the sides, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set.
4. Put the Cream Cheese in a mixing bowl and using a mixer or a wooden spoon mix the cheese and sugar together well
5. In a small bowl mix the boiling water and Gelatin and allow to sit
6. Add the cream and vanilla essence to the Cream Cheese and Sugar, mix well
7. Add the gelatin and water to the above Cheese/Cream/Sugar and mix in
8. Gently fold in the fruit of your choice into the above mix , make sure fruit chunks are no bigger than 2cm square (about blueberry size)
9. Spoon the mix into the base cups and place in the fridge to set:
10. Place some pieces of fruit to the side to decorate
11. Blend remaining Fruit, Sugar and Gelatin until smooth
12. Place blended mix in microwave safe bowl and cook on high (mines a low powered microwave; 800watt) for 2mins and stir, 2mins and stir, 2mins and stir, 2mins and stir. Mix should be fairly thick, leave to cool.
13. While the above is cooling cut the fruit up if needed
14. Either decorate the top of the cheesecakes with the fruit and then spoon on the topping mix or spoon on the topping mix and put the fruit on last whichever you prefer. Place into fridge to finish setting (1-2 hours). Serve and enjoy. Don’t freeze the cheesecake, eat within about 3 days and keep in the fridge.
Hopefully I didn’t forget any steps 🙂