I haven’t posted over the past few months as I’ve basically been working on to many projects at once plus trying to get a little healthier and working on losing the last little bit of weight I need to, to get into the “healthy” weight range. Although I’m feeling much fitter and healthier than I have in about 18months to 2 years, I do want to get back into that healthy weight range, I’m no Arnie after all :).
I found I needed a quick filling meal that didn’t take me an hour to make but still tasted okay. I present to you all the super quick tomato and carrot soup. Basically if you have a blender, teaspoon, bowl and microwave you should be able to knock this soup together very quickly and for about $2.50 a serve. It is potentially a little high in salt so if you’ve got high blood pressure check the salt content of the canned stuff before making up a big batch.
1 Can of Garlic and Herb diced tomatoes (400g ish)
1 Can of baby carrots (400g ish)
1 heaped teaspon of minced garlic
1 heaped teaspoon of minced ginger
1 heaped teaspoon of red curry paste
1 teaspoon of vegetable stock
1 teaspoon of cummin seed (ground)
1 teaspoon of coriander (ground)
1. Open the Tomatoes and tip them into your blender, then pour the baby carrots on top (liquid and all)
2. Next up throw in the garlic, ginger, curry paste, veg stock, ground cummin and ground coriander.
3. Blend for about 1 min until the whole mixture looks smooth and pour into a microwave safe container, I swirl about 1/2 cup of water around the blender to get the last few bits of soup and pour that in on top.
4. Microwave on high for about 8 mins (my microwave is only 750 watt so if you have big microwave either cut the temp back a little or the time)
5. The above makes just under a liter of soup so either one really big bowl or two normal sized ones, the whole tub should work out to about 800kj (190cal) and 2 grams of fat. Top with a little pepper if you like 🙂
The soups not perfect but it makes a quick easy and tasty meal. I’ve got a few more super quick easy meals which I’ll post up in the near future.